Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Oh so tender...

Day 3 of recovery.  What a relief it was to remove the huge dressing they had put over the two incision sites.  They used a heavy duty tape to hold the elaborate dressing in place, which also caused some heavy duty itching.  It was the kind of itching that had the potential to drive me slightly insane.  Phew... a deep sigh of relief now that it's off.  Now I just have to wait for the tenderness to subside.

In other related developments, I have been having wild, vivid dreams thanks to the the pain medication.  Such convoluted scenarios that could be translated into full length motion pictures, if the stories actually made any sense.  I felt as though I were in the midst of a very long Russian novel, populated with all sorts of complicated characters and, despite my best efforts, I was unable to extract myself from the scenes.  

My plans for the day are very unambitious.  Relaxing, resting, dozing, eating a little bit, then more resting, relaxing and dozing.  All stops on the road to recovery!   

No comments: